1997 CADILLAC STS - CAR OF THE YEAR
Road-sensing variable suspension
V8 Northstar engine
Adaptive automatic transmission
0 to 60 mph in 6.5 to 7.0 sec
This particular generation of STS (i.e., pre-1998, before it got smaller and
rounder) was the one that I always liked the most, and this is the last model
year of that generation. If you are the kind of car buyer who would appreciate
this design, the roofline lower than a Mini (check the specs yourself!) , and
the eye-opening performance of this flagship US-built sedan of its model year,
you're in the right place.
PURCHASED FROM ORIGINAL OWNER - NO LEAKS
CLICK ON IMAGES BELOW FOR LARGER PHOTOS
FULL FEATURE LIST
* 4.6-liter 32-valve DOHC Northstar engine
* 300 hp, 295 lb/ft torque
* Full-speed-range traction control (with on/off switch)
* StabiliTrak stability control, with road texture detection
* Dual-zone fully-automatic climate control (with outside temperature display)
* Road-sensing continuously variable automatic suspension
* Self-leveling suspension
* Speed-sensitive steering
* Automatic parking brake release
* Automatic headlights
* Rain-sensing wipers
* Audio system with AM/FM/cassette/CD and 8 speakers
* 12-disc CD changer
* Heated front seats
* Trip computer
* Nuance leather seats
* Zebrano real wood trim
* Two-driver memory package triggered by which key is used (sets seat position, lumbar setting, driver's seat exit position,
outside rear-view mirrors, climate control settings, radio settings)
* Retained accessory power (allows window and stereo operation for a while after key is removed from ignition)
* Steering wheel controls for audio and climate control
* Tilt steering wheel
* Complete fully interactive diagnostic system accessible through existing dashboard controls
* "Preferences-like" user options (for auto lock settings, remote keyless entry lamp flashing, perimeter security lighting mode, battery storage mode)
* Power steering
* Power brakes
* Power windows, with driver's express-down
* Power locks
* Power, heated side mirrors
* Power seats, with driver's seat memory
* Power trunk pull-down
* Power moonroof
* Power antenna
* Remote keyless entry
* Remote trunk release
* Remote fuel door release
* Driver and front passenger airbags
* Auto-dimming inside rear-view mirror with electronic compass
* Wiper-activated headlamps
* Daytime-running lights
* Front cornering lamps
* Stainless steel exhaust system
* Fog lamps
* Child security lock on rear doors
* Valet lockout
* Anti-lockout feature (doors will not power lock when key is in ignition)
* 17" alloy wheels
* "Ice Possible" warning on driver information center
* Alarm system, also including PASS-Key II security system (for starter disabling)
* Twilight Sentry lighting mode (delayed off headlights)
Engine type: 4.6 lt DOHC V8
Power: 300 hp at 6000 rpm
Torque: 295 lb/ft at 4400 rpm
Bore x stroke (in/mm): 3.66/93.0 x 3.31/84.0
Displacement: 4565 cc (279 cu in)
Compression ratio: 10.3:1
Valvetrain: 32V four-cam
Alternator: 140 amp
Induction system: Tuned-port fuel injection
Engine placement: Transverse front engine
Drive type: Front-wheel drive
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Fuel consumption: 17 mpg city, 27 mpg hwy
Towing: 1000 lbs max.
Overall length: 204.1"
Overall width: 74.2"
Overall height: 54.5"
Track (front): 60.9"
Track (rear): 60.9"
Curb weight: 3940 lbs
Weight distribution: 63% front / 37% rear
Legroom (front): 43.0"
Legroom (rear): 39.1"
Headroom (front): 37.8"
Headroom (rear): 38.3"
Hiproom (front): 55.0"
Hiproom (rear): 57.6"
Shoulder room (front): 58.9"
Shoulder room (rear): 57.5"
Trunk volume: 14.4 cu ft
Fuel tank: 20.0 gallons
Front suspension: Fully independent, McPherson
Rear suspension: Fully independent, short/long arm
Steering ratio: 15.7:1
Steering turns: 2.65 lock-to-lock
Turning circle: 42.7 ft (curb-to-curb)
Brakes: Power-assisted 4-wheel disc